So you have your brand new iPad and you wrote a brand new song in GarageBand. What now?
The GarageBand app that comes free on the iPad has functionality that is a bit different from the full program that comes on your Mac. If you are trying to figure out how to export your song so you can share it with friends, then this blog is for you!
To export an MP3 (AppleLossless) file from GarageBand for iPad, follow these steps:
1. Open your GarageBand project.
2. Ensure that your project is complete and ready for export. Make any necessary adjustments or edits before proceeding.
3. Tap the "My Songs" button in the top-left corner of the screen to view your project list.
4. Press and hold the project you want to export until a menu appears. Select "Share" from the menu.
5. In the Share menu, choose "Song" to export the entire project as an audio file.
6. Next, you'll see different sharing options. Select "Audio File."
7. GarageBand will prepare your project for export. Once done, a new screen will appear with options for file format and quality.
8. Tap the "Compress" option to choose the desired file format. Select "MP3" from the list. Note that the quality settings may vary depending on the version of GarageBand you're using.
9. Adjust the quality settings if necessary. Higher quality settings will result in larger file sizes.
10. Tap "Share" in the top-right corner of the screen.
11. A new menu will appear, allowing you to choose where to save the exported file. You can save it to your Files app, iCloud Drive, or other cloud storage services.
12. Select the desired location and tap "Save" to initiate the export process.
13. GarageBand will render and export your project. The duration of this process may vary depending on the complexity and length of your project.
14. Once the export is complete, you can access the file in the chosen location.